We will be looking at three of the best automatic watches under $200 that are available to buy online. At the end of this article you will have a better understanding of these three watches, and hopefully, you will be able to narrow down your choice toward a purchase.
1. Orient Men’s Ray II Diver Automatic
Another diving watch worth considering is the Orient Men Ray II diving watch. Intrigued already? Check out the link above to purchase this watch. It has several features highlighted below which could assist you in making up your mind. This Orient watch has garnered a level of hype capable of getting the worst critic anxious.
- The visible surfaces of the bracelet are well-polished
- It has a sapphire crystal dial window
- The bezel, which works in a unidirectional manner, allows for 120-click movements
- The Orient Ray II is 41.5 mm in diameter and 11 mm in thickness
- Analog display
- Stainless steel design
- The back cover is screwed down
- Superior appearance
- Hacking movement is commendable
- Day and date display
- Water resistant
- The clasp of the Orient Ray II is convenient
- The bezel comes off as stiff
- The inside of the bracelet isn’t polished
- It’s a little faster than normal
The Orient Ray II is an affordable automatic watch, especially when compared to similar brands. It has an appearance capable of matching any outfit. The sapphire crystal window construction ensures you don’t have to treat the Orient Ray II delicately. This, in part, accounts for its usefulness as a diving watch. Anyone interested in an outdoor watch, which could also be worn to the office, might want to consider the Orient Ray II Automatic Watch.
2. Seiko 5 Automatic
The last automatic watch in this price range that we are going to discuss here is the Seiko Men’s SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Black Canvas Strap. It is offered by a leading manufacturer and has been rated very well on different product review sites. However, it is better to check out this product ourselves in order to find out if it is worth the money.
Some of the salient features of this watch are as follows:
- Comes with 21 jewel automatic movement
- Includes canvas band
- Features a date window that can be formatted
- Features sweeping second hand
- Round watch with black dial
- Features stainless steel casing
- Features elegant sword-shaped hands
- Does not need batteries to operate
- Perfect for everyday use
- Beautiful Hardlex mineral dial window
- Can be formatted in English or Spanish
- 3-year limited warranty
- Water resistant
- High-performance watch
- Time slips behind sometimes
- Not completely water resistant
The Seiko Men’s SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel watch with Black Canvas Strap is one of the market leaders today. Seiko is a well-known name in the watch industry and has offered its best with this product. This watch is definitely worthy of your consideration.
3. Seiko Men’s SKX007K Diver Automatic
The next watch that we are going to discuss here is the Seiko Men’s SKX007K Diver’s Automatic Watch. This comes with excellent ratings from 456 customers on product review websites. We all know that Seiko is a huge name when it comes to wristwatches. This product is just a continuation of their well-established tradition of providing the loyal customers with trustworthy products. Let us find out if it is worthy of your attention or not.
- Some of the salient features of this beautiful sports watch are:
- Made of Hardlex crystal
- Comes with stainless steel case
- Automatically powers with the movement of arm
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Features black dial
- Includes day and date functions
- Japanese automatic movement
- Does not need battery to operate
- Elegant design
- Water resistant
- Luminous hands and hour markers
- Sweep second hand
- Perfect for water sports including SCUBA diving
- 2-year Amazon warranty
- Bulky strap
- Stops if not jiggled around continuously
- Day/date function does not work as expected
If online customer reviews are anything to go by, this watch is clearly a market winner. It is perfect for people who indulge in water sports as it is water resistant up to the depth of 660 feet. We highly recommend the Seiko Men’s SKX007K Diver’s Automatic Watch to you. It will not only make for a good wrist watch, but also provide you with a touch of style. Try it to believe it.
While all these watches are under $200, they all are very different from one another. Overall, out of these three, we like the Men’s Orient Diving Watch as the best automatic watch under $200 because of its level of comfort, how deep it can go, and its overall look. Both are great watches, and are very affordable, but in the end, it comes down to personal preference and style.